About Us & Important Info
Our Swim Tangaroa team are an award winning team who offer amazing swimming lessons!
Swim Tangaroa provides Swimming and Water Safety programmes for Pepi, Tamaiti and Tamariki.
Our programme is designed to encourage and assist our whanau/families to develop Water Safety skills through participating in a variety of fun and safe activities in the water.
Our levels are given names of sea life that live and thrive within Tangaroa. As your child grows and develops new aquatic and water safety skills, they too will grow and thrive within our programme.
Swim Tangaroa encourages the use of Te Reo Maori within our lessons. Although lessons are predominantly taught in English, our qualified and experienced teachers are provided with new kupu/words and phrases to use throughout lessons.
Our Swim Tangaroa Whanau are committed to giving the skill of learning to swim as we believe this to be a skill of life.
Key Learning Areas
- Entries and exits
- Movement stroke development
- Personal survival
- Underwater skills
Levels we cater to:
- Babies (Under 3)
- School Age
- Junior Prep Squads
- Adults (14 years & above)
- Private Lessons
- $80 per term - $8 per 20-minute lesson for babies and toddlers under 3 years
- $129 per term - $12.90 per 30 minutes lesson for students over 3 years
- Private lessons available dependant on teacher availiability
- Receive a 10% discount if 3 or more children from the same family are enrolled.
- Direct Debit option available
- Paid in full option available
- Fast Track Holiday program - October programme is currently in the works!
- Automatic suspension implemented at the end of each term.
Change of details:
If you, your spouse or any emergancy contact has recently had a change of detail, please email our Swim Tangaroa Administration team to confirm. it is important we have the correct:
- Mobile number for one or both parents
- Emergency Contact for the student(s)
- Current E-Mail address for either parent
Our Swim Tangaroa schedule run alongside the school terms which means you are required to let us know if your child is NOT returning for the following term.
If you do not confirm cancellation, your child will automatically be enrolled for the following term.
An email has been sent out through-out the week confirming childrens new class time and day. If you have not yet recieved this email please email:
with the following information:
Your child / childrens name(s)
Their current Swim Tangaroa level
Their current class time and day
And we will be able to confirm with you where they have been moved to.
Swim Tangaoa Key Dates:
Begin: Sunday 25th July
Finish: Sunday 3rd October
Are you interested in yourself or your child learning a valuable skill that they will retain for life? Click on our enrolment form, and start the process today
Swim Tangaroa Newsletters
Swim Tangaroa FAQs Expand all
Swim Tangaroa Caters To
- Infants with their parents in the water - Children aged 5 months to 3 years
- Preschoolers - Children aged 3 - 5 years
- School aged children - 5 - 14 years
- Adult swimming lessons - 15 years and over
Swim Tangaroa Benefits
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our program ensures students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.Other Benefits Include:
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- Supported by professionally qualified teachers
Membership fees are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student’s place in a class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
Children under 3 years: $8.00 per lesson per week / $16.00 per fornight
Children over 3 years: $12.90 per lesson per week / $25.80 per fotnight
Adults: $12.90 per lesson per week / $25.80 per fortnight
Any additional classes: $10.00 on top of your usual payment
COMBO: Enjoy 7 days of leisure swimming along with your lesson for an extra $3 per child! That is $15.90 for 7 days leisure swimming AND your lesson for only $15.90!
Enjoy a free leisure swim on the day of your lesson for no extra charge
Essentials for Each Lesson
A well, non-contagious student (If you or your child is unwell please stay home)
Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy
Students swipe tag
The membership fee secures your place within the program class. Program membership does not include an option for missed lessons.
Prior notification and presentation of a medical certificate for the missed lesson is ideal, however we do understand that illnesses can often pop up out of the blue.
Please let us know as soon as possible if your child is unable to attend their lesson so arrangements for catch-up lessons can be made.
What are the pool temperatures
Our pools are heated all year round to ensure the teachers and our students are comfortable throughout their lessons.The leisure pool which is used for our Wonder, Courge and Active 1-3 classes is 30 degrees
Our 7 lane lap pool, which is used for our Active levels 3+, Squad and Adult classes is 27.5 degrees