Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Update 28/02/2021Our facility, once again, is following Covid 19 ALert Level 2 restrictions.
Monday 1st March:
- There will be NO public swimming between 9:15am - 11:15am and 3:15pm to 7pm.
- NO leisure swimming between 9:30am - 11am
- The sauna, toddlers pool and hydro-slide will remain closed
- One parent drop off for B-Legends Childcare
- Swim Tangaroa Lessons are going ahead as usual children are able to leisure swim for 30 minutes BEFORE or AFTER their lesson, but not both.
- Please call ahead of your visit to ensure we have adequate space.
- No need to book for lanes
- Please book if you participate in RPM, SPin or Les Mills Body Pump.
We are open for business! We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised.
Please read the following important information regarding COVIDThe Centre is working to ensure the health and safety of all patrons and staff is maintained. We want to address the growing fears around the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and share with you the information we have at the current time.
We are working to ensure our centre remains a safe place to visit and work. The health and safety of our community is our main priority, we always uphold a high standard of hygiene within the centre, however are taking extra precautions during this time.
We hope you will do what you can to take care of yourself and those around you, we also encourage you to use and support our community facility with confidence while it is safe to do so.
Please see the latest update on the situation below.
Remember is you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of the flu, cough or cold to please remain away from the centre until you are feeling 100%.
Our opening hours have changed slightly:
Saturday and Sunday 8am – 6pm
Public Holidays 8am – 6pm
Closed ANZAC Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday
Update 18/02/2021 - Alert Level 1We are now at Alert Level 1!
What this means here at Trust House Recreation Centre:
*There are no longer leisure swimming restrictions.
*Our spa, sauna, toddlers pool and hydro-slide have been reopened
*There are no longer restrictions with lane swimming. Keeping in mind our busy times during the evening.
*Our customers are no longer required to book for Spin, RPM or Body Balance.
*Directional signage has been removed and usual entrance ways are back in place.
*All visitors are still required to scan in either with the Covid Tracing App, or by hand with the sign in sheets.
- Both are located in reception at the entrace.
* Sanitizing throughout your visit is recommended. We have various sanitizing products located throughout the facility.
Update - 14/05/2020COVID-19 Stage 2 Operations Following the announcement by the Government, we are pleased to announce that we will be operating in Level 2. Our facility has reopened, following the Covid-19 restrictions.
Social distancing applies.
Update - 19/03/2020 11:00am
As the COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid rate, we continue to closely monitor the situation.
The key measure which relates to health, fitness and leisure facilities includes:
‘Settings like gyms, indoor fitness centres and swimming pools are not required to close at this time providing they meet these requirements for social distancing and hand hygiene. Such venues should take actions to ensure regular high standards of environmental cleaning take place.’
In line with this measure, the following measures must be practiced by all who visit our Centre, including our staff:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between patrons
- Keep up high hygiene practices, including using hand hygiene products and suitable waste receptacles need to be available, with frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
It’s important to remember that maintaining our physical and mental health is extremely important on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, we’d like to remind you that the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene are being maintained within our facilities. This includes:
- Updated signage: we’ve updated in-centre signage to include the latest information and hygiene practices as advised by the New Zealand Government
- Additional cleaning of the facility throughout the day; including frequent sanitisation of equipment, surfaces, bathrooms and other areas.
- Additional sanitisers and antibacterial products for your use
- Daily staff meetings, ensuring everyone is up to date with the latest information
Thank you for your support and we will continue to keep you updated with any changes and developments as they occur.
Update - 17/03/2020 5:00pm
Our Centre is open for business!
We have been closely monitoring the escalating coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our community and across the country.
We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised. However, we are aware of the potential for an infection within our facility and would like to update you on the precautionary measures that we have taken within our facility.
We understand that some of these measures may be inconvenient, but they have been put in place to ensure that we are doing everything possible to proactively prevent an outbreak within our facility.
Please note that the measures listed below are being reviewed on a daily basis in conjunction with advice from the government and World Health Organisation.
Hygiene Action Plan
- Signage in facilities displaying up-to-date health alerts, hygiene advice and other essential information
- Please ensure that you wipe down all equipment thoroughly with a towel after using
- Showering and washing prior to entering the pool
- Please use hand-wash facilities in the bathroom
- For anyone experiencing flu, cough and cold symptoms, we ask that you refrain from visiting the facility.
- If you did visit the facility when you were unwell, we ask that you advise the facility manager by phone or email.
Thank you for your cooperation and for respecting our responsibility to minimise risk of transmission within our facility to our team and members.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand all
What are we doing to minimise health risks in-Centre?
The Centre will be vigilant in implementing infection control procedures including daily cleaning in accordance with normal protocols, the promotion of healthy hygiene habits and will make hand sanitiser available for staff and patrons to use while using the Centre.
What information and advice will help our members?
For now, the best advice is to follow some simple steps to help slow the spread of the virus and to reduce the risk of infection.
Follow the information and tips to help improve your safety and wellbeing, from the Ministry of Health.
If I have or am undergoing a period of self-isolation, what happens to my membership?
If you are showing symptoms or have been recommended by a Health Professional to self isolate, you should be staying at home and minimising contact with others. Please contact the Centre team to discuss managing your membership where you are uncertain of your options.
What happens to Swim School or Personal Training sessions I have booked?
If you have any Swim School lessons or Personal Training booked, please contact the Aquatics team or your Personal Trainer.